No doubt about it, we are living in strange times, friends. But, despite all of the very obvious challenges we are all facing (some more than others), I am still working on being grateful every day.
Some days it’s easier than others. Just sayin’.
While I do try to practice gratitude as much as I can, I also allow myself to have my feelings and to grieve the experiences and challenges that come with being a human in an unpredictable world (now more than ever).
Practicing gratitude doesn’t mean that we aren’t also acknowledging other feelings like frustration, sadness, anxiety, etc. It’s just a daily effort to spend at least a few moments in mindfulness and appreciation for the many good things we can be grateful for.
I think it’s important to mention that a practice of gratitude can coexist with realism and practicality. Because, even in small doses, having an attitude of gratitude still packs a ton of benefits.
The Many Benefits of Practicing Gratitude:
There are so many other research backed benefits to practicing gratitude. One simple way to practice gratitude is to read quotes that remind us what gratitude means and why it’s so important to practice it.
Another way to keep us on track is to keep a simple gratitude journal. We love gratitude journals so much, we have been designing them and sharing them in our Etsy shop. We’ve shipped them all over the country now and many people come back to tell us how much they love the journal prompts, daily space for gratitude, gratitude quotes and affirmations.
These quotes are some of our favorites from our journals and we hope these gratitude quotes will encourage you to start a regular gratitude practice.
52 Powerful Gratitude Quotes:
Since our journals give you a whole year of space for expressing your gratitude, it seemed fitting to have a new gratitude quote for each week of the year.
Let’s take a look at some of our favorite qratitude quotes:
- “Gratitude is a powerful catalyst for happiness. It’s the spark that lights a fire of joy in your soul.” – Amy Collette
- “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “Gratitude for the present moment and the fullness of life now is the true prosperity.” – Eckhart Tolle
- “Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.” – Melody Beattie
- “Gratitude and attitude are not challenges; they are choices.” – Robert Braathe
- “Wear gratitude like a cloak, and it will feed every corner of your life.” – Rumi
- “What separates privilege from entitlement is gratitude.” – Brene Brown
- “In ordinary life, we hardly realize that we receive a great deal more than we give, and that it is only with gratitude that life becomes rich.” – Dietrich Bonhoeffer
- “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues but the parent of all others.” – Marcus Tullius Cicero
- “Gratitude will shift you to a higher frequency, and you will attract much better things.” – Rhonda Byrne
- “Gratitude helps you to grow and expand; gratitude brings joy and laughter into your life and into the lives of all those around you.” – Eileen Caddy
- “Gratitude looks to the Past and love to the Present; fear, avarice, lust, and ambition look ahead.” – C.S. Lewis
- “Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.” – Robert Brault
- “The more grateful I am, the more beauty I see.” – Mary Davis
- “Piglet noticed that even though he had a Very Small Heart, it could hold a rather large amount of Gratitude.” – A.A. Milne
- “The root of joy is gratefulness.” David Steindl-Rast
- “Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend.” ― Melody Beattie
- “We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures.” – Thornton Wilder
- “I looked around and thought about my life. I felt grateful. I noticed every detail. That is the key to time travel. You can only move if you are actually in the moment. You have to be where you are to get where you need to go.” – Amy Poehler
- “Being thankful is not always experienced as a natural state of existence, we must work at it, akin to a type of strength training for the heart.” – Larissa Gomez
- “Gratitude is the sign of noble souls.” – Aesop
- “He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has.” – Epictetus
- “Be grateful for what you already have while you pursue your goals. If you aren’t grateful for what you already have, what makes you think you would be happy with more.” – Roy T. Bennet
- “When you are grateful, fear disappears and abundance appears.” – Tony Robbins
- “It’s a funny thing about life, once you begin to take note of the things you are grateful for, you begin to lose sight of the things that you lack.” – Germany Kent
- “When it comes to life the critical thing is whether you take things for granted or take them with gratitude.” ― G.K. Chesterton
- “Enough is a feast.” – Buddhist Proverb
- “The heart that gives thanks is a happy one, for we cannot feel thankful and unhappy at the same time.” – Douglas Wood
- “Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.” – Epicurus
- “If the only prayer you said was thank you, that would be enough.” – Meister Eckhart
- “Gratitude is the ability to experience life as a gift. It liberates us from the prison of self-preoccupation.” – John Ortberg
- “Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has plenty; not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some.” – Charles Dickens
- “O Lord that lends me life, lend me a heart replete with thankfulness.” – William Shakespeare
- “Thankfulness is the quickest path to joy.” – Jefferson Bethke
- “Gratitude goes beyond the ‘mine’ and ‘thine’ and claims the truth that all of life is a pure gift.” – Henri J.M. Nouwen
- “Appreciation can make a day, even change a life. Your willingness to put it into words is all that is necessary.” – Margaret Cousins
- “Give yourself a gift of five minutes of contemplation in awe of everything you see around you. Go outside and turn your attention to the many miracles around you. This five-minute-a-day regimen of appreciation and gratitude will help you to focus your life in awe.” – Wayne Dyer
- “Gratitude is the healthiest of all human emotions. The more you express gratitude for what you have, the more likely you will have even more to express gratitude for.” – Zig Ziglar
- “When a person doesn’t have gratitude, something is missing in his or her humanity.”
– Elie Weisel
- “When it comes to life the critical thing is whether you take things for granted or take them with gratitude.” – Gilbert K. Chesterton
- “Gratitude is riches. Complaint is poverty.” – Doris Day
- “If you want to turn your life around, try thankfulness. It will change your life mightily.” – Gerald Good
- “This a wonderful day. I’ve never seen this one before.” – Maya Angelou
- “In life, one has a choice to take one of two paths: to wait for some special day–or to celebrate each special day.” – Rasheed Ogunlaru
- “Gratitude also opens your eyes to the limitless potential of the universe, while dissatisfaction closes your eyes to it.” – Stephen Richards
- “The struggle ends where gratitude begins.” – Neale Donald Walsh
- “The more you use gratitude every day, the greater the good you will bring into your life.” – Ronda Byrne
- “Gratitude opens the door to the power, the wisdom, the creativity of the universe.” – Deepak Chopra
- “Gratitude is the fairest blossom which springs from the soul.” – Henry Ward Beecher.
- “There is a calmness to a life lived in gratitude, a quiet joy.” – Ralph H. Blum
- “Gratitude is the single most important ingredient to living a successful and fulfilling life.” – Jack Canfield
- “The real gift of gratitude is that the more grateful you are, the more present you become.” – Robert Holden
Which quote is your favorite? We are such fan of quotes. What an easy way to distill wisdom in such a short, memorable way.
If you haven’t started a daily gratitude practice, we hope this new year will be a great opportunity to get started!
Good vibes only,